How to become a patient:
In order to become a patient at SIPI and provide the best possible care for your pain, it will be necessary to obtain all records pertinent to the patients care.
With a referral from a physician:
- At least the last 6 months of records from any physician that has treated you for your pain.
- Imaging reports, MRI, CT Scan & X-rays.
- List of all medications that the patient is currently taking.
- We will ask that the patient sign a release of information (which can be downloaded from our website) in order to obtain records from any physician that has treated the patient for their pain.
- Once records are received at our office a physician will review them to determine if there is objective reason for their pain and if they would be a candidate for our program.
- If the patient is accepted our office will notify them and schedule at our soonest available time. The new patient paperwork will be mailed out or it can be downloaded on our website.
- If a patient does not have records, a complete work up will be required which may include ordering of imaging , X-rays, MRI or CT scan. This will ensure that the physician is able to find objective reason for your pain.
How long will I have to wait for an appointment:
- In most cases we are able to schedule within a week or two. If this is not possible we place the patient on our waiting list and make every effort to schedule them sooner when we have a cancellation.
What do I need to bring to a new patient consultation:
- Please bring the new patient packet COMPLETELY filled out
- Insurance card(s)
- Photo ID
- Advanced Directive/ Living Will (to be copied and attached to your chart)